Years separated Anne and Captain Wentworth, but their love may have a second chance, if bitterness and reticence do not part them forever.
(Technically an epic poem, but reads like a novella.)
Lancelot sacrifices his honor and suffers an arduous journey to rescue the abducted Queen Guinevere–the lady he loves more than his own life.
Ghost Story/Psychological Thriller
An inexperienced governess detects supernatural forces preying upon the two children in her care, but are the ghosts real, or imagined?
- Lord Arthur Savile’s Crime by Oscar Wilde
- The Cask of Amontillado by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Fulness of Life by Edith Wharton
- The Lady With the Dog by Anton Chekhov
- The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Woman’s Ghost Story by Algernon Blackwood
- The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- Lord Byron
- Lewis Carroll
- Emily Dickinson
- John Donne
- Henry Howard
- John Keats
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Edgar Allan Poe
- William Shakespeare
- Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Edmund Spenser
- Alfred, Lord Tennyson
- Walt Whitman
- Thomas Wyatt
*All stories are complete and unabridged. Short stories and poems are available in the main XML feed. Longer works each have their own dedicated feeds. See the subscribe section for more information.